2 tbsp aubergine mezze
150g sweetheart cabbage
1 handful of fresh mint
1 red onion
10g pistachios (Nuts)
1 tbsp tahini (Sesame)
200g tempeh (Soya)
½ tsp turmeric
1 tbsp green verbena harissa (Mustard)
2 tbsp white wine vinegar (Sulphites)
250g puy lentils & wholegrain quinoa
80g almond yoghurt (Nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 240C / fan 220C / gas mark 9. Cut the cabbage lengthways into 2 wedges. Place on a lined baking tray and toss with 1/2 tbsp oil, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 8-10 mins, until soft and deep golden brown.
- Make the quick pickled onions; thinly slice the onion and place into a small bowl with the vinegar and a pinch of sea salt. Leave to pickle.
- Make the aubergine yoghurt; combine the aubergine mezze, tahini, yoghurt, turmeric and 1 tbsp water (1/2 tbsp for 1 person) in a bowl. Season with sea salt. Roughly chop the pistachios.
- Cut the tempeh into 3cm-long batons. Heat a medium frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on high heat. Add the tempeh and cook for 4-5 mins, tossing regularly, until golden brown. Add the lentil and quinoa mix and cook for 2-3 mins, until piping hot.
- Pick the mint leaves from the stalks and roughly chop. Remove the lentil pan from the heat and stir in the mint and harissa. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the aubergine yoghurt topped with lentil and quinoa mix and cabbage. Garnish with the pistachios, pickled onion and a drizzle of the pickling liquid.