Kale, quinoa and roasted beet salad with goat cheese
- 16 (about 350g) Dutch carrots, trimmed, peeled, halved lengthwise if large
- 12 (about 300g) baby beetroot, trimmed, peeled, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 red onion, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 250g cooked quinoa
- 150g kale, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 60g of goat log
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the carrots, beetroot and on prepared tray, spray with olive oil. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender. Add the kale for the last 5 minutes so just wilted.
Transfer quinoa to a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and pine nuts. Whisk the oil, vinegar, orange juice and honey together in a small bowl. Add to quinoa and stir until well combined. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve topped with the goat log and roasted pine nuts.