Fish ceviche with Quinola
(serves 4 as a starter)
- 2 medium fillets of white fish such as Sea Bass or Lemon Sole
- 4/5 limes
- 1 small red and yellow pepper sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- about 1cm piece of ginger, diced.
- 1 red chilli
- sea salt
- handful of fresh coriander
- 250g cooked pearl quinoa
- Thinly slice the red onion and peppers, set it aside.
- Slice the fish filets and place it in a bowl.
- est one lime and squeeze the lime juice from all of the limes.
- Pour the lime juice over the fish, add zest and ensure the fish is fully covered by the juice.
- To help with this, you can cover the fish in cling film and place something heavy, like a baking tray, on top of it.
- Leave to rest for 15/ 20 minutes.
- Roughly chop the ginger and garlic and a few leaves of fresh coriander, place it in a pestle and mortar and pound it to a smooth paste.
- After 15/20 minutes add the garlic/ginger paste to the fish as well as onion and peppers, season with sea salt and sliced red chilli.
- Serve on a top of cooked pearl quinoa and garnish with more fresh coriander.
- Drizzle with olive oil (optional).
This meal will last for a couple of days in a fridge.