Creamy Quinola pudding with spiced plums and figs
- 150g pearl quinola
- 250ml milk (can use coconut or almond milk for a vegan option)
- 70ml cream (can use vegan cream, check out how make your own here: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Vegan-Cream )
- 150ml water
- 30g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1 vailla pod
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Place all of the ingredients in a heavy bottom pan and simmer gently for about 25 minutes until quinoa is soft and pudding is creamy.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add a splash of water if pudding becomes too thick.
Baked plums and figs.
- 6 plums halved
- 3 figs quartered
- 50 g butter diced (or vegan butter/coconut oil)
- 60g brown sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 star anise
- 150 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 200 ˚C.
- Place all of the ingredients in a baking tray, scatter the butter on the top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Serve warm on the top of creamy Quinola pudding.